SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
sefi annual conference 2017 welcomes:
All papers should be submitted through the electronic submission system. Please note, that your submission has to be made anonymous for double-blind review.
Instructions for authors
The abstracts are free form and should not exceed a single page.
SEFI Annual Conference 2017 welcomes:
- Research papers
- System papers (i.e. practice and policy focused papers/reports)
Submissions are invited for both oral and poster presentation.
For all papers the submission should consider the following:
- The context for the paper
- Discussion of the supporting literature / work
- Details of what work has been undertaken
- The evidence of what has been done
- Conclusions and recommendations for further work
These five key areas should be covered regardless of the paper type - whether it is research focused (research paper) or practice or policy focused (system paper).
For research papers, the application of a sound research methodology and data analysis should be apparent.
For system papers, the application of a sound research methodology and data analysis may be less apparent, and system papers may focus more on reporting on experiences gained in teaching projects etc.
All papers should be submitted through the electronic submission system.
For each submission the themes to which it is submitted should be identified. It is helpful if up to 3 possible themes can be considered as this helps with the development of the conference programme.
Please note, that your submission has to be made anonymous for double-blind review.
Reviewers will provide feedback on the abstract submission against the following criteria
The five graded criteria are as follows:
- The abstract is appropriate to the conference
- The abstract is appropriate to the theme identified
- The work is coherent (i.e. the rationale, foundation, approach to the work, findings and conclusions are all included)
- The work is original
- The abstract is well written
All of the criteria will be rated on a scale from 1-5
1 = Strongly Agree
2 = Agree
3 = No comment
4 = Disagree
5 = Strongly Disagree
The grading against the five criteria will prompt comments in the following sections of the review form.
- Comments to the author(s), particularly taking account of the instructions to authors
- Comments to the Chair of the Scientific Committee
The same criteria will be used for the review of full papers.
Reviewers will be identified by the SEFI Working Group Chairs and the Scientific Committee.
Each abstract / paper will be double blind reviewed in order to ensure the integrity of the review process.
The submission of abstracts is now open until 19 March 2017 - extended until 1 April 2017.