The DeustoTech Mobility Research Laboratory (http://goo.gl/FexrWt) from the University of Deusto (Bilbao, Spain) is looking for four full-time PhD students. The position is offered in the frame of the Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie COFUND Programme (http://goo.gl/GeWHW7). The grant will have duration of 3 years under a regular employment contract with full social security coverage. The gross monthly salary (including social security, before taxes) will be approximately 2.600€.
The topics for the positions are the following (also attached):
Topic 1. A social cooperative monitoring tool for the production of inclusive public spaces (for more information, please visit https://goo.gl/eV68Vx)
Topic 2. Communication and application protocols to support the coexistence of automated and conventional vehicles (for more information, please visit https://goo.gl/lZmgzf)
Topic 3. Ensemble Data Mining by SoftComputing Techniques in Big Data traffic environments (for more information, please visit https://goo.gl/5rJYff)
Topic 4. Soft Computing and Big Data Mining Techniques for reliable travel time prediction (for more information, please visit https://goo.gl/ZbXQH9)
- An official Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, or related field.
- An excellent academic record (grades of B or higher).
- Advanced command of English (minimum C1 or equivalent).
- Interest in research and ability to work both independently and in team.
- Early Stage Researchers rule: Applicants shall be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Mobility rule: At the time of the relevant deadline for submission of proposals, researchers shall not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
For more details about requirements please visit http://goo.gl/epFPKj.
*PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS*
Applicants should forward their CV, academic transcripts, two reference letters, proof of writing skills (paper, article or thesis), a cover letter (max. 800 words), and a motivation letter about why they choose the corresponding topic (max. 800 words) to:
- Alfonso Bahillo, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for Topic 1
- Unai Hernández, at email@example.com, for Topic 2
- Enrique Onieva, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for Topic 3
- Antonio D. Masegosa, at email@example.com, for Topic 4
* THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MARCH 19, 2016 *
A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The next step will involve an online application.